CV common problems
- Are you submitting your CV to recruiters but not getting interviews despite your suitability for the role?
- Do you find it difficult to promote yourself?
- Are you changing sector or career and not sure how to promote your transferable skills?
- Are you changing between permanent and contract roles?
- Are you just starting your career and have little experience to promote?
Even if your CV is well written it may not be ‘online search friendly‘ and therefore recruiters might not find your CV using their candidate search software or LinkedIn.
CV writing services
We offer a one-to-one professional CV writing service following our proven approach:
- Initial Zoom meeting to review desired roles, setting out the mandatory skills and strengths required. This is crucial as we must establish what the employer is looking for, and get to know you in order be able to write an accurate and ‘real’ pen picture.
- During this first meeting we will also conduct an in-depth review of your existing CV or Personal Statement to explore your work history and discuss the relevant ‘stories’ which will form the basis of your key achievements. All too often we simply see a list of role responsibilities with very little supporting evidence of what was achieved and how.
- We will send you a draft of your CV before coming back to discuss and review the content so that we ensure it is accurate, complete and meets with your approval.
Application forms can be baffling, and we appreciate how difficult it is to match your information, skills and career history to the questions set out within the form. Often there are specific questions that need to be answered or a personal statement to write. We will work with you to ensure your application stands the very best chance of being selected for interview. We will review the application form and establish a work plan which will include all or some of the following (as relevant):
- An initial meeting with you to on Zoom to agree the skills and strengths listed within the job description.
- Identify the stories from your CV which are relevant to the required strengths and are strong enough to answer the specific questions being asked.
- We will develop a list of possible content ideas before starting work on a draft.
- We will draft answers to all the questions and check the form for accuracy and completeness.
If you are applying to the Civil Service their application requires an in depth understanding of the Civil Service Success Profile framework. We offer you both Civil Service Competency Writing and Personal Statement Writing and have a proven track record of helping clients succeed.
Application prices vary from £250 + VAT depending on what is required. Please book a Free Consultation so that we can discuss your requirements
Click the Book Free Consultation button below to schedule in an appointment or contact Interview Skills Clinic to discuss how we can help you succeed.Book Free Consultation