Paul is Business Development Director at Interview Skills Clinic. As qualified doctor with an MBA from London Business School and over 20 years spent in consulting and business development in healthcare, pharmaceuticals biotechnology and finance. He has led large corporate change programs as part of IT outsourcing and restructuring contracts.
While at Circle healthcare, he led Primary Care business development achieving rapid growth until the merger with BMI healthcare. He worked on the business case and successful bid for the first procurement for a large NHS general hospital and led several cultural change teams as part of the program.
Paul has also worked as Managing Partner at a large NHS GP practice where he was responsible for recruitment and staff development, and for delivering innovative models of care. He built the list size from 4600 to 13500 patients and developed a separate business running multiple parallel clinical trials for major pharmaceutical companies. He also developed and launched a successful social prescribing application to deliver health information to patients across multiple platforms, receiving a UKRI innovation award. Throughout his career he has had a passion for teaching and mentoring students and junior colleagues and has been responsible for delivering training courses on how to succeed at Civil Service Interviews to potential applicants.
Since joining Interview Skills Clinic he has trained as an interview coach, building on his strengths in teaching and mentoring students and junior colleagues, He has now been appointed Business Development Director for the corporate market and brings his consulting and organisational development expertise to work with organisations undergoing rapid growth or change.
- “Paul had a good understanding of our business and helped us to define our training objectives.”
- “An engaging communicator and able to come up with training solutions for our business.
- “The workshop was very well structured and covered every aspect of applying for and being successful at interview. He was very good at explaining exactly what we needed to do and was very engaging.”
- “Excellent presentation by Paul, detailed slides and balance of practical activities. Paul worked really well with the group, prompting appropriately when required and happily answering more personal queries regarding job hunting during the breaks. Thank you!”
- “He was very clear and made the workshop fun and educative. I actually learned a lot and was able to see the mistakes I have made when applying for Civil Service jobs.”